This image shows the bustling activity in front of the Paris Opera House, formally known as the Palais Garner.
The description states:
PARIS… en flanant
7 Place de l’Opera
— This building was constructed between 1861 and 1875, and has become famous from it being used as the centerpiece of the 1910 Gaston Leroux book “The Phantom of the Opera”
This image likely dates from the 1930s.