This is an image of the lighthouse near Tobermory called Big Tub Light. It is a wooden structure with six sides situated between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay constructed in 1885.
The description on the back states:
THE BIG TUB LIGHT
Tobermory, Ontario, Canada
–From a website about the lighthouse history:
The Annual Report of the Department of Marine for 1885 provides the following description of the lighthouse: “A light on the west side of the entrance to Tobermory Harbour, Georgain Bay, in the North Riding of Bruce. From the opening of navigation next season a fixed red dioptric light will be shown, elevated 40 feet above the level of the lake, and visible 8 miles from all points of approach. The tower is a hexagonal wooden building, surrounded by an iron lantern, having a height of 43 feet from ground to lantern vane.”
It is interesting to note the light is red instead of white, and does not rotate.
This image likely dates from the 1950s.