This illustration shows the front entrance and street corner display box of the original Kalamazoo Public Library, in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The box appears to feature a patriotic display of United States images and publications, along with a small Uncle Sam doll.
There is no description on the back of the card.
This Romanesque building was erected in 1893 and served as the city library until 1957, when it was demolished and replaced with the current structure, along with four additional branch libraries.
This image likely dates from the 1940s.