This image shows a better view of the Firehouse No. 1 that was visible on the previous image next to the First Methodist Church. The identity at the time was the Liberty Fire Company, as shown in this photo, taken in the 19th century.
The description states:
FIRE HOUSE #1 and WASHINGTON ST. STEPS, GALENA, ILLINOIS
The Galena Volunteer Fire Co. was organized Feb 1st, 1830. Inside of Fire House can be seen a hand-drawn and manually operated 1855 pumper. The Washington St. Steps ascend from Bench St. to Prospect and to High Streets.
–Comparison between this photo and the older one linked above shows considerable external modernization, most notably roof drains and electrical conduit. The stairs, which once were adjoining the building, have been completely reconstructed of much more durable materials.
This image likely dates from the 1950s.