This is another image of a boat featured some months back. This image is closer in and in black and white, but otherwise the images are remarkably similar in that the boat does not appear to have been replaced, and the tourist still occupy the usual locations.
The boat itself is also called the Tahquamenon, as indicated by the name sign visible in the picture.
The brown marking in the upper right is damage from a decomposed rubber band. This image is hard to date, but is likely from the 1940s.
There is no description on the back.
This is the somewhat overbuilt signpost for Michigan highway M-115, which has one end in central lower Michigan and continues to the northwest where it ends at this sign.
The highway was originally earthen pavement when first constructed in 1929, but by the mid-30s the state was repaving the existing sections with asphalt and extending the highway with gravel as well.
There is no description on the back of this card. The auto in the picture, along with the initial construction date, indicate that this photo is from the 1930s.
This clearly marked ship is the City of Munising, once owned and operated by the Pere Marquette Railroad and converted by the state of Michigan to ferry autos across the Straits of Mackinac.
While there are passengers clearly visible on the decks of the ship, the amount of distance the hull is above the normal waterline indicates this ship is probably near empty.
This card was used, and is dated June 21, 1939.